Cuttack | 27 Jul, 2020 (2 weeks, 2 days ago)

Family Law

Name change procedure in Cuttack. How to change surname after marriage.

Hello. This is Shweta from Cuttack, Odisha. I got married in the year of 2019. Prior to marriage, my academic certificates and Adhaar so also Voter Identity Card reflects my surname as Mohanty. My husband's surname is Pattanayak. I want to change my surname from Mohanty to Pattanayak. What is the procedure for surname change in Cuttack. Any lawyer here from Cuttack, Odisha kindly assist me.
Amiya Ranjan
27 Jul, 2020 | 13:23

If you want to change your surname after marriage then you can swear an Affidavit to that effect before the Executive Magistrate Cuttack.

You need an Affidavit which states that, from now onwards you shall be known as _________(your new name).

You can also produce this affidavit for change of your name in Adhaar or Voter Identity Cards and for other purposes.

For any legal assistance you can contact me
Mr. Amiya Ranjan
Mobile : 9238577260


Advice on call

Fixed fee on-call advice
from expert lawyers.

talk to a lawyer

Get free Quotes

Post a requirement & get quotes from verified lawyers.

post a requirement

Need legal help?

Send us your requirements and get free proposals directly to your inbox.

Get free proposals